This blog is on hiatus while I take time to re-evaluate my blogging direction.

Pinspiration

18 August 2011

Ok I've already admitted I'm addicted to Pinterest. I thought I'd share with you, my loverly readers, some of my favourite finds from this awesome site.


I mentioned this recipe for Corn Dogs/Dagwood Dogs/Pluto Pups whatever you like to call them, last week. Though I did simplify and Aussie-fy it a little : 1 cup SR Flour, 1/2 Polenta, 4 Tabs Sugar, 1/2 teasp each of Salt and Garlic powder, 1 and 1/4 cups of milk. Mix it all together till smooth and then follow the rest of the instructions. Here's a little pic of my end result, just to make your tummy rumble :)


I made these awesome Cinnamon Doughnut Muffins at school for the canteen's weekly baked treat. They were an enormous hit, we sold 4 dozen of them in one day! They are super easy to make and are so so yummy. Again I tweaked the recipe a little, I just can't help myself. I simplified by subbing SR flour for the plain flour and baking powder. After the first batch, I also switched the nutmeg and cinnamon quantities. So I added 1/2 teasp of cinnamon and only 1/4 teasp of nutmeg. Nutmeg can be pretty pungent and I thought it was a little too much. You MUST try them.

I scream, you scream, we all scream for ICE CREAM. Well now you can make your own homemade ice cream without any fancy or expensive kitchen gadgets. I've been following Kevin and Amanda for awhile, but when this recipe popped up on Pinterest, I fell in love all over again. It couldn't be easier and it's so beautifully smooth and creamy. The best part is you can easily customize it to make all your favourite flavours or even invent new ones. Our last batch was Rocky Road, we added choc chips, coconut, mini marshmallows and glace cherries. YUM!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing what you have to say. xx