This blog is on hiatus while I take time to re-evaluate my blogging direction.

Does your man swear?

25 November 2010



Today is White Ribbon Day. It's a day to raise awareness of and try to prevent violence against women.

The foundation has a new campaign to promote the positive role men can have in the prevention of violence against women. "One in three Australian women will experience physical or sexual violence in their lifetime."* That seemed ouragous to me, but when I thought about it a little more, I realised that I know more than a handful of women who've experienced it. And they are why I support and promote White Ribbon Day.


By encouraging all the men in our lives to take the oath, we're one big step closer to changing social attitudes that surround this problem. 

*statistic provided here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing what you have to say. xx