This blog is on hiatus while I take time to re-evaluate my blogging direction.

Resolutions & Goals

03 January 2013

Welcome to 2013! I hope you've all made it safely into the new year.

Last year I didn't make any resolutions. I'd always made them in the past and nothing ever made it past a few weeks. No resolutions = No failure to keep them ; that was my logic anyway. Looking back on 2012, it's hard to put into words what I accomplished for the year. A whole lot of nothing really. No major changes took place, no significant improvements in any sector of my life. Rather sad really, isn't it?

So this year, for 2013, I made just one resolution : To write out and review my goals each month. Sounds simple really, but the idea is to keep me focused on short term goals, some of which will hopefully develop into long term success.

So here's January's list....

  1. Clean It Up. (I'm notoriously messy, always have been. I want to reign in the chaos that is our master bedroom.)
  2. Create An Inspired Space. (I bought a desk to sit in the corner of our bedroom and I've never actually sat at it to work. Crazy. It's just not inspiring.)
  3. OOTW. (Sort out an appropriate set up, the kid room iPhone snaps just aren't going to cut the mustard.)
  4. Blog. (Schedule posts, brainstorm ideas, participate in the blogging community more.)
  5. Stock It. (Finish filling my new Etsy.com store with items, 15 at least)
  6. Promote It. (Start promoting my new Etys.com store, blog ads, facebook, twitter, etc)
  7. H20 Only! (I'm avoiding softdrinks, both full strength and diet, juices and cordials for January.)
  8. Clean Eating. (Wholes, homemade, nutritious food.)
  9. Snap Daily. (Participate consistently in FMS photo a day challenge.)
  10. Be Thankful. (Keep a weekly thankful/grateful journal)
That's it. Let's see how many I can cross off the list at the end of the month.

Did you make any resolutions this year?

2 comments:

  1. I have maintained for a few years now that I don't make resolutions, I make goals - and it works for me.

    With the OOTW - how about getting a cheap full length mirror from Kmart or Big W? I brought one recently for $15. Or you could use the timer on your camera? That might give you more options on location. I have been known to rest my camera on top of a wheelie bin to get a snap with the timer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the ideas April! I like the free standing mirror idea :)

      Happy New Year!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing what you have to say. xx