This blog is on hiatus while I take time to re-evaluate my blogging direction.

Something to share

28 August 2009

Last week I discovered a new blog. Names In The Sand is a children's memorial where people from all over the world can request their child's name to be lovingly written in the sand, photographed and be made into a memorial.

"When your child dies you are left with the most indescribable feeling of emptiness. In some cases there is no record of your child. No recognition of their life. No birth certificate, not even a death certificate. To Write Their Names In The Sand honours, remembers and recognizes the lives of children lost."
Carly and Sam Dudley run this website with the help of their famlies. 18 months after their son Christian was born sleeping, Carly dreamt of her little boy. That dream planted a seed in her mind and in her words has forever changed her life.

Watch an interview with Carly and learn where this beautiful idea came from and how this amazing woman carrys out her work.



Their local beach, Mullaloo Point near Perth in Western Australia, is where they create these touching memorials for grieving parents. Isn't it stunning?!


I do so hope to be able to put in a name request to Carly for my own little angel in heaven. I would love to be able to get a high res copy of the photograph and have it printed onto canvas, making a beautiful memorial for my husband and I on her third anniversary in December.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing what you have to say. xx